camel-users mailing list archives

From rosmons <>
Subject Maximum Redelivery Delay not working in Camel 2.5.0
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2011 23:38:16 GMT
I have a Redeliver Policy defined as in the attached file
RedeliveryPolicy.txt  :
I see that even though I have "maximumRedeliveryDelay" set to 1800000,
I see the following message in the Log:

2011-03-17 15:47:56,014 [DefaultMessageListenerContainer-2] DEBUG
org.apache.camel.processor.RedeliveryPolicy - Sleeping for: 4860000 millis
until attempting redelivery

So, I looked through the source code for and found
that there's indeed a bug in:

method : calculateRedeliveryDelay(long previousDelay, int redeliveryCounter)

line # : 223 is
if (maximumRedeliveryDelay > 0 && redeliveryDelay > maximumRedeliveryDelay)

which should instead be:
if (maximumRedeliveryDelay > 0 && redeliveryDelayResult >

I have tested out this change in my local environment and it seems to be
working fine.