camel-users mailing list archives

From Hari Gangadharan <>
Subject Re: Http route returning with 200 but also getting read timed out
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 18:02:56 GMT

We will not be able to make server respond faster since it is customer's
server. I believe there is a bug in  Camel framework. In this scenario, the
HTTP Producer thinks that the exchange has completed successfully whereas
the Camel framework thinks that the exchange has failed. Camel framework
puts this for redelivery. The end result is that the message which is passed
on is not the original message but the message output from the HTTP Producer
(which is an empty message).

The unfortunate thing is after a few redelivery attempts we use dead letter
processing to move it to a "ReDeliveryAttempt1" queue. Another pipeline
tries to redeliver this. However when we get this particular error our
message was replaced by a blank message.

Does this make sense?

Hari Gangadharan