camel-users mailing list archives

From Gert Villemos <>
Subject Best way of storing JMS messages
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 19:39:31 GMT
We used ActiveMQ, sending JMS messages. The JMS messages contains a POJO, as
well as header fields, set based on the values in the POJO and used for
filtering in the routes. We would like to also store the messages, in a way
so that we can later use the header fields for retrieving.

As an example, if I have a POJO with the field values
name = 'Parameter1'
value = 2

... and store it in a JMS message, setting the header value
name = 'Parameter1'

... and the message body to contain the POJO, then I would like to route the
message to a Camel component for storage. I would then later like to
retrieve all messages, based on a filter such as 'name=Parameter1' using
only the message header fields, similar to the ActiveMQ SQL92 filter option.

I would like not to insert annotations in the class definitions, i.e. would
like not to use for example '@Entity', because I would like to be able to
store any object and only want to retrieve them based on the message header

I have looked at different components such as JDBC, SQL, iBatis and JPA, but
cant figure out which / whether they can support what I want.