camel-users mailing list archives

From Tommy Chheng <tommy.chh...@gmail.com>
Subject amazon sqs route shutting down?
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 16:20:03 GMT
I want to define a route to poll from an amazon SQS queue.
val context = new DefaultCamelContext(reg)
context.setHandleFault(true)
context.addRoutes(new RouteBuilder{
override def configure(){
from("aws-sqs://test_development?amazonSQSClient=#test_sqs").to("log:b")
}}
)
context.start
where test_sqs is in the registry for an AmazonSQSClient(credentials) object

It seems to connect fine but when I run it(using mvn exec:java -Dexec.mainClass), but it shutsdown
immediately after.

DefaultCamelContext Route: route1 started and consuming from: Endpoint[aws-sqs://test_development?amazonSQSClient=%23test_sqs]

How can I prevent the process from immediately shuting down? I want the process to run to
continously poll the SQS queue.

If I replace the aws-sqs queue with a local activemq, the camel application runs successfully
until issued a shutdown command.
context.addComponent("activemq", ActiveMQComponent.activeMQComponent(Config.activeMqConnection))
from("activemq:queue:a").to("log:b")

--
@tommychheng
http://tommy.chheng.com