camel-users mailing list archives

From Scott Came <>
Subject File consumer to CXF issues
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 21:57:26 GMT
I have a route that looks like this:

<osgi:camelContext xmlns="">
      <from uri="file:/tmp/tsc-input"/>
      <to uri="cxf:bean:outEndpoint"/>

(As you can tell, I'm deploying this in ServiceMix, but the issue I'm having is in the Camel
realm, thus my posting here...)

I have defined outEndpoint earlier in the camel-context.xml file using cxfEndpoint.

This route is creating exceptions over several different techniques.

What I really would like is not to generate code using cxf's wsdl2java (following this example
( though, I did).  I would like to
use <to uri="cxf:bean:outEndpoint?dataFormat=PAYLOAD"/> which, as I understand it, should
not require code generation.  However, when I try to do it this way, I get a NullPointerException
in org.apache.camel.component.cxf.CxfEndpoint, at line 577, in the setParameters() method.

I don't see anything in the documentation of the Camel CXF component that states or implies
that this isn't supported on the client side.

So my question is...  Is it possible to use the cxf component in the <to> part of a
Camel route, WSDL-first, and not generate code, but rather have it (under the covers) use
the JAX-WS Dispatch approach?  Is there an example anywhere that does this (I've looked at
all the examples on the Camel website, and several blog postings, and couldn't find anything
that matched my scenario...)

If it would be better to post this on the CXF or even ServiceMix lists, please advise.