camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java DSL to spring DSL
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2011 08:35:59 GMT
Hi

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 6:41 PM, JacobS <jacobhameiri@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Claus, thanks for your help.
>
> My question is very basic ( I am new to spring )
>
>> from(EndPointHelper.getURI("ComponentXTopic") + "&selector=COMPID='" +
>> PropertiesProvider.GetCompId() + "'") //
>
> a. How do I create the xml's  "<camel:from uri=" so it will refer to values
> that are set at load-time (PropertiesProvider.GetCompId()) ?.
> In this case I want to add a selector to the uri with the component ID which
> will be created only at run-time.

Yeah thats a bit harder in XML because you dont have a real
programming language underneath. Its just XML.

If the PropertiesProvider is something thats reads from a .properties
file etc. Then you can use Camel's support for property placeholders
http://camel.apache.org/properties

You can also use Spring property placeholders, but mind this FAQ
http://camel.apache.org/how-do-i-use-spring-property-placeholder-with-camel-xml.html

> b. Is this correct :
> <camel:onException>
>    <camel:to uri="bean:redeliveryProcessor?method=process" />
> </camel:onException>
>
> How would camel know that the processor should be processed before a
> redelivery attempt ?

If you want to do some work before any redelivery attempt, you have to
use onRedelivery instead.
onException is being triggered AFTER all redeliveries (we call that
when its exhausted)