camel-users mailing list archives

From Marcin Cylke <mcl.ca...@touk.pl>
Subject Re: [ camel ] Help required for simple transactional Route for forwarding messages from ActiveMQ to TCP port
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 13:09:13 GMT
On 02/16/2011 01:58 PM, Tom Howe wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to Camel and I am trying to create a simple app that consumes
> messages from an ActiveMQ queue and forwards them to a TCP port (splunk). If
> the TCP connection is down I want the message left on the queue and retried
> with expontential backoff.
>
> I've been trying to understand the TransactionClient page but I find that
> whatever I try, if I raise an exception or I give it an invalid destination,
> camel retries to send 5 times and then then gives up and removes the message
> from the queue.

Hi

I've managed to do this with a little help from servicemix-jms endpoint
- since I'm deploying that component in Servicemix container. You can
find some info on that here:
http://mcl.jogger.pl/2011/01/17/jms-redelivery-with-activemq-and-servicemix/

However I've been searching for a Camel only approach for this problem
and would be happy to hear others oppinions.

Regards
Marcin