camel-users mailing list archives

From rkrdr <>
Subject Re: Issue with route specific onException and jms component
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 20:45:44 GMT
Yes I think there is a bug related catching exceptions that are thrown by the
jms producer.  As well, I noticed a side effect in camel 2.5.0 directly
related to the asynchronous routing engine is that exceptions thrown (i.e.
not specifically set on the exchange) in an aggregator aggregating
request/reply from a jms endpoint are no longer handled in the onException
for the route.  If on the other hand, the aggregator code is surrounded by
try/catch and sets the exception on the exchange...the onException handler
will be invoked.  The requirement to set the exception on the exchange is
documented here:

But this appears to have became a _requirement_ after moving to 2.5 due to
the asynchronous routing engine changes for jms.  If I revert back to using
the synchronous=true on the jms producer, exceptions thrwon from the
aggregator are picked up in the onException whether or not set on the
exchange directly.  I'm concerned about other places in the route where
exceptions may be thrown (i.e. the jms producer itself)
I have not used doTry/doCatch construct thus far in camel.