camel-users mailing list archives

From Naira & Kobo <lekkie.ay...@gmail.com>
Subject How to stop implicit call to Type Converters
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:04:59 GMT

How do I stop implicit call to a custom type converter made by camel.

see my script below:

	    <route id="kimonoTransactionProcessor">
	    	<from uri="vm:endpoint1?concurrentConsumers={{vmConConsumers}}"/>
	    	<convertBodyTo type="org.company.customConverter" />
	    	<to uri="vm:endpoint2?timeout={{vm-timeout}}"/>
           </route>

I turned on traces on the custom converter and I realize after the first
(explicit) call to the customConverter - which converts from String to a
bean - class, camel implicitly calls the converter (to change from the new
bean to a string body type) just before calling endpoiint2.

This needlessly causes unnecessary overhead. Is there a way to prevent this
call?

kr.