camel-users mailing list archives

From Xavier Coulon <xcou...@gmail.com>
Subject ETL: how to monitor the end of processing ?
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 16:56:50 GMT

Hello,

I'm currently evaluating Camel for Data Integration purpose. So far, it
works very well, but I'm facing the following issue in my test case : when
dealing with a (not so) large file (5k lines), the Camel Context is shutdown
before all lines are processed, and some assertions
(MockEndpoint.expectedMessageCount()) fail. Still, I can by-pass this issue
by adding a Thread.sleep() in my test and get the expected result. (Unless
there 's some better way to proceed ?)

Now, in a context of ETL, the first step would be loading data into a
staging database with Camel, and *then* (2nd step) perform some business
controls before publishing in production (3rd step).
My question is : how can I detect that the initial/input file was fully
treated (end of 1st step) before starting the business controls ?
Would you recommend using JMX or BAM ? Or can a listener be notified when
some queue was idle for a given time ?

Thank you in advance
Regards,
Xavier