camel-users mailing list archives

From s2010in <samir.sum...@mphasis.com>
Subject Re: Timers stop firing after certain unpredictable interval
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2011 14:54:46 GMT

Folks a quick question arises to my mind looking at this scenario, although
my immediate problem is solved but this brings to light few more things

Not sure what exactly was happening in background when processing stops but
this may be a likely scenario which might happen in case of too many long
running requests.

1. BasicDatasource is never complaining or throwing exception about no more
connection is available, or pool statistics so that someone can increase the
pool size.

2. Camel routes and threads I think waiting for connection should have a
timeout and warn about thread not being available or something wrong is
happening and thread is stuck for a duration
Some admin interface or monitor which can kill such stuck threads on admin
request if required etc.

There were no exceptions anywhere in logs indicating something is wrong, all
Mbeans would still mention routes are in state "STARTED"