camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <cschnei...@talend.com>
Subject AW: Camel "hangs" on ActiveMQ connect
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 15:06:36 GMT
That´s a good thing. What do you think ? Should we somewhere document a warning about the
problem on the wiki page of the jms component?

Christian

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Claus Ibsen [mailto:claus.ibsen@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2011 15:07
An: users@camel.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Camel "hangs" on ActiveMQ connect

Try setting testConnectionOnStartup=true on the jms endpoint. Then it ought to fail fast.

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Christian Schneider <cschneider@talend.com> wrote:
> I just found an interesting "problem" with Camel and ActiveMQ.
>
> I defined my connection factory for jms like below without an explicit url:
>   <bean id="connectionFactory"
> class="org.apache.activemq.spring.ActiveMQConnectionFactory">
>   </bean>
>
> I had a @Consume("jms:test") annotion in a class somewhere. I had no ActiveMQ server
running.

> When I started the spring context the last line in the log showed that
> the consumer for the annotation started. The problem was that no other route came up
and even the spring initialization did not return.

> It took me a while till I found that the startup of camel hung on the jms connect. I
found that ActiveMQ uses that failover transport when no borker url is given. This transport
style does not throw an exception when no server is present.

> I don´t know if we should do anything about this but it was extremly frustrating till
I found the reason.

--
Claus Ibsen