camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ ?query='..' URI parameter not accepted
Date Sun, 16 Jan 2011 10:26:03 GMT
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 4:27 PM, Barry Kaplan <> wrote:
> from("jms:topic:mytopic?query='from=today'") .process { ... }
> Its really that simple, although the value for query can be any string.
> For that topic I have defined a custom QueryBasedSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy
> to which activemq will provide the query parameter value when a client
> subscribes, giving my policy impl the chance to send the historical messages
> to the particular subscriber.
> But I'm guessing Claus that you already know all this about activemq, so am
> I misunderstanding what kind of example you are asking for?

How do you perceive that the JmsComponent / ActiveMQ component should
figure out the query parameter is for a custom
QueryBasedSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy ?

There are a zillion options in ActiveMQ and not all is possible to
compute from an uri string where they actually should be used.

I think to remedy they there need to be more prefixes, so query would
have to be prefixed with something that ties it to recoveryPolicy, so
maybe? ?recovery.policy.queue=XXXX