camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CfxBinding places custom headers at different places
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 07:48:59 GMT
On 1/25/11 2:43 PM, unmarshall wrote:

> Hi Willem,
>
> Another problem is that we cannot set an Object against a Header and rest
> assured that the object's type would be preserved.

I didn't suggest you to do that.

> There was a recent JIRA that Claus had raised as i had requested him to
> include the ability to add objects as properties/headers. The data type in
> properties is preserved but when it is set as a Header then toString()
> method is called on the object and the String representation of the object
> is stored as the header value.

We use the .toString for the MESSAGE.PROTOCOL_HEADER serialization.
If your customer header is not that kind of header, you'd better to put
it into the Client.REQUSET_CONTEXT map.

> String representation is true for most of the headers but custom headers
> might have different types which will then be acted upon either by their
> respective handlers or interceptors in case of CXF.

If you customer interceptor can handle it, that will be good.
I don't think current camel-cxf code can do that out of box, but the CXF
interceptor framework can let you do it :)

--
Willem