camel-users mailing list archives

From Blair <blair.nils...@gmail.com>
Subject Loving the camel
Date Sun, 16 Jan 2011 22:04:31 GMT

Hey, just a message saying thanks to all the people who have helped with me
learning about Camel.

We now have 3 projects we are using in production, and we are about to roll
out some pretty big projects using it.

It can be a bit confusing sometimes, and some of it just doesn't seem to
make sense now (whenever we use webservices, or the activeMQ component it
takes a couple of days to get it right) - but boy oh boy, it really does
what it does well :)

The upshot of using camel (and endpoints) is we have replaced a huge project
with about 4 pages of java code, and a couple of pages of spring config -
and its more stable, and runs a _whole_ lot quicker.

So yeah, people who are trying it out and having a few problems? Keep at it,
when you get it running, its a joy to behold.

I'm writing up a guide to getting camel to talk nicely to Couchdb (which we
are using for reporting), and the joy of the SMSC components.

--- Blair