camel-users mailing list archives

From rsteppac <ralf.steppac...@derivativepartners.com>
Subject Re: 2 Bugs in Splitter (Camel 2.5.0)?
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 11:11:24 GMT

Hello Claus,

thanks for your speedy answer!

Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:

>> Setting ‘streaming = "true"’ breaks error handling: [..]
>
> Can you try 2.6-SNAPSHOT as we have fixed some issues in relation to
> error handling and splitter/multicast.

The problem is still present in the 2.6 snapshot. I have raised CAMEL-3498.

Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:

>> Setting ‘streaming="true" parallelProcessing="true"’ consumes large
>> amounts
>> of heap space for big original messages. [..]
>
> Hmm I was hoping that a Future instance would be a light weight object
> in Java, but had my hopes to high :)

I have raised CAMEL-3497.

Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:

> Back in the early days we did have some code using a
> CompletionService. We most likely need to introduce this back and have
> logic to aggregate the result as they fly in. Please create a ticket
> for this issue.

Hm..
MulticastProcessor::doProcessParallel(Exchange,AtomicExchange,Iterable,boolean,AsyncCallback)
does use a CompletionService. As I understand it the problem is not the
Future objects themselves, but the context of the corresponding callable
(ProcessorExchangePair in line 228 and the Exchange in line 229). The
context cannot go away until the Callable goes away. I think this is where
the memory goes. But it is surely a good idea to look at it with a good
memory profiler. ;-)

Ralf