camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to retrieve Exchange.REDELIVERY_EXHAUSTED header
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 15:08:46 GMT
On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 8:34 AM, frankie_hr
<franjo.zemunic@2e-systems.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your reply! That sure makes sense and explains why I wasn't
> able to get the header.
>
> However, is there any other way to tell whether it's the last redelivery
> from within the redelivery processor? You suggested to retrieve the
> REDELIVERY_COUNTER header. Is there a way to retrieve the maximum number of
> redeliveries defined and than compare it against the current redelivery
> attempt count? Thank you!

No that is not possible, but you can file a JIRA request then we can
add such a feature for the future.
Mind that Camel is not capable of knowing this in all situations, as
you may have unlimited redelivery enabled,
or that you use some Java code to determine yes|no to redeliver. But
if you have set a max redelivery setting,
then we can fetch this and provide in a header.