camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bindy fixed length - length attribute and truncate
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2010 09:07:44 GMT
On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 11:33 PM, mikaelfj <mikaelfj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using the bindy component to create fixed length value files, version
> 2.4.
>
> My expectations were, that when defining the length of a field using the
> @DataField annotation, then bindy would pad chars if my data was shorter
> than the length (and it does) and that it would truncate my data if it was
> longer than the defined length.
>
> The latter does not seem to happen - and you will end up with a fixed length
> record which is longer than what is defined in the @FixedLengthRecord
> annotation.
>
> Is this somehow by design or is it a bug in the Bindy component?

Sounds like a bug. I think by default it should clip the string. We
may need to add an option so you can control/decide what should
happen. Maybe an exception should be thrown instead indicating the
text is too long.

Could you create a JIRA and post a little example? And if possible add
a link to this thread, for example using nabble.