camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trouble with converting from org.jdom.Document to String
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 06:23:08 GMT
On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Remi Malessa <rem@llgc.org.uk> wrote:
> On 12/09/2010 02:57 PM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
>>
>> Add some system out or something to see if it pickup your type converter.
>>
>> And mind that Camel can only choose your type converter if the message
>> body matches that type.
>> So make sure the body isn't wrapped into something else.
>
> It is not picking up the org.jdom.Document to String method from my type
> converted.
>
> I've added a logger before the transformation call with "showHeaders=true"
> option and it
> shows : "BodyType:org.jdom.Document."

Hmm you dont see any WARN in the log when Camel startup? It does this
if there are type converter clashes.

Can you try to add a 2nd method which convers the JDom to something
else than String. For example just an Integer or something and then
you just hardcode a fixed value to return. Just to see if Camel can
pickup JDom -> Integer.

Convertering to String is something that alot / many types can do. So
if we chose a JDom -> Integer combo then there shouldn't be any doubt
which type converter to pick.

--
Claus Ibsen