camel-users mailing list archives

From mikaelfj <mikae...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bindy fixed length - length attribute and truncate
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:49:42 GMT

I'll add a jira for it - so far we are ensuring the strings are of proper
length before setting them on the annotated class.

I don't think it should be an option not to clip the string.
If an option is added to control clip/no-clip, you are allowing the
generated fixed-length format to be sort of a random-length format - and
recipients of the data, who expects it to be fixed-length, will fail in
receiving the data.

/Mikael