camel-users mailing list archives

From klausb <>
Subject How to initiate a message exchange from a bean
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 17:28:02 GMT

The bean integration is a nice thing, because it hides the camel middleware
from the components. Unfortunately I can only use beans in a route, where
the trigger is defined elsewhere as a camel endpoint. What is the strategy
to define a route, where a bean initiates a message exchange because it has
its own trigger? Do I need to write my custom endpoint, which consumes my
bean? Or is there a different way?

Key point is, that I don't want to use camel APIs inside my bean for better

FYI, I'm running camel inside the apache karaf osgi container.