camel-users mailing list archives

From Mark Borner <mark.bor...@zurich.com.au>
Subject Camel Testing
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 06:21:32 GMT
Hi all:

I'm familiar with a common practice in Spring to create a unit test
sub-classing AbstractTransactionalJUnit4SpringContextTests.  Then in your
@Before's, you setup the data in the database for your unit test.  And in
your @Test's you can test your code that expects the data in the database.
 After your @Test runs, Spring will rollback the transaction and all the
DB changes.

Now in Camel, I have a route that expects certain data to already exist in
the DB, and interacts with the data (such as reading it and updating it).
I want to create a unit test for this Camel route with automatic
transaction rollback.  What is the recommended way to accomplish this?
Should I be able to use the
"AbstractTransactionalJUnit4SpringContextTests" approach?

I've looked in the Camel in Action book and in the examples, and I can't
see an example of what I'm trying to do.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Borner
Java Developer - ZStream Xpress

----
This email is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain
information which is confidential, commercially sensitive, or
copyright. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
reproduce or distribute any part of the email, disclose its contents,
or take any action in reliance. If you have received this email in
error, please contact the sender and delete the message. It is your
responsibility to scan this email and any attachments for viruses and
other defects. To the extent permitted by law, Zurich and its
associates will not be liable for any loss or damage arising in any
way from this communication including any file attachments. We may
monitor email you send to us, either as a reply to this email or any
email you send to us, to confirm our systems are protected and for
compliance with company policies. Although we take reasonable
precautions to protect the confidentiality of our email systems, we
do not warrant the confidentiality or security of email or
attachments we receive.