camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Müller <christian.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ambiguous method invocations in bean binding
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 23:28:36 GMT
Hello Rafal!

Please provide more details like the Camel version you are using in further
questions. Please have a look here:
http://camel.apache.org/how-can-i-get-help.html

However, I assume you have a String as payload in your message. The default
Camel type converter mechanism is able to convert this payload also into an
InputStream. This is the reason, why this is ambiguous for Camel...

I wondering, if we SHOULD make Camel a bit smarter here. I made a patch
which fixes this issue. We check whether the message payload is an instance
of the bean method argument. If so, we will use this method and don't
convert the body. Any objections?

Cheers,
Christian