camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ or JMS Component for ActiveMQ?
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 08:12:41 GMT
On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 11:35 PM, Wille Faler <wille.faler@gmail.com> wrote:
> Probably a question that has been asked multiple times, but couldn't find
> anything with a quick search on nabble:
>
> Has the ActiveMQ Component been deprecated and should we now use the JMS
> Component for ActiveMQ?

No its not deprecated. And its recommended to be used for AMQ.
http://camel.apache.org/activemq

> It seems the ActiveMQ Component has not been updated for 3 years judging by
> the Maven repo's, and adding it to the build dependencies results in a
> number of dependencies failing to download.

Its part of AMQ and not distributed by Camel. Maybe its some other
component you refer to? Do you got a link?
The activemq-camel component (part of AMQ) is being updated and
maintained by AMQ team and thus its been improved over the last 3
years.

> I've gotten ActiveMQ working with the JMS Component, at least in dev mode
> (no performance or stability testing done) without any issues, so just
> trying to work out if this setup is fine.

Yeah it also works with generic JMS. However as listed on the JMS
page, you should prefer to AMQ version
http://camel.apache.org/jms.html

--
Claus Ibsen