camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ambiguous method invocations in bean binding
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 05:03:38 GMT
On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Christian Müller
<christian.mueller@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Rafal!
>
> Please provide more details like the Camel version you are using in further
> questions. Please have a look here:
> http://camel.apache.org/how-can-i-get-help.html
>
> However, I assume you have a String as payload in your message. The default
> Camel type converter mechanism is able to convert this payload also into an
> InputStream. This is the reason, why this is ambiguous for Camel...
>
> I wondering, if we SHOULD make Camel a bit smarter here. I made a patch
> which fixes this issue. We check whether the message payload is an instance
> of the bean method argument. If so, we will use this method and don't
> convert the body. Any objections?

Camel already has this logic. Its just that the payload most likely
isn't neither an InputStream type or a String type.
And the payload is both convertable to InputStream and String. Hence
Camel don't know which type your prefer.

What we should maybe allow is to end user to specify that

.to("bean:foo?method=methodA&type=java.io.InputStream")

Or like
.to("bean:foo?method=methodA(java.io.InputStream)")

--
Claus Ibsen