camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Aggregator] Persistence ?
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 15:28:32 GMT
Hi Oliver

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Olivier.Roger <olivier.roger@bsb.com> wrote:

> Hello Camel!
>
> I was wondering if someone had already implemented the
> org.apache.camel.spi.AggregationRepository for JDBC database ?
> If not I would like to give it a try, Is there something I need to know
> before I begin?

We love contributions. So cool if you want to try out a JDBC based version.

> I read Camel In Action, chap. 8 sec.2 and analyzed the HawtDB implementation
> and here is was I understand. Please correct me if I am wrong.
>
> 1. I need to implement the RecoverableAggregationRepository for my route to
> be transactional
> 2. Two index (would be table with jdbc) are used to store exchanges, a
> normal and a complete one.
> 2a. The normal index use the correlation id as key
> 2b. The complete index uses the exchanged ID as key
> 3. The remove operation move an exchange from the normal to the completed
> 4. the scan method is run at regular interval to reprocess failed outgoing
> exchanges (every 5 sec by default).

Yeah thats correct.

> I have one question concerning the HawtDB implementation.
> I see the doStart() method uses the ServiceHelper. I do not see any
> documentation about that on the website, not in the Book either. Would I
> need it in my implementation ?

If your implementation is a Service then you got lifecycle callbacks from Camel
http://camel.apache.org/lifecycle.html

This makes it easy to do custom logic on start/stop etc.

In the book it ought to be in chapter 11 about developing components.
I will let Jonathan know so he can add a bit details about it.