camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Properties in Java DSL
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 09:28:38 GMT
On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Olivier.Roger <olivier.roger@bsb.com> wrote:

> Thanks Claus,
>
> I got this working using
> getContext().resolvePropertyPlaceholders("{{key}}"));
>
> However, I could not retrieve the Propeties Object from the context.
> When I use this :
>
>        Map<String, String> properties = getContext().getProperties();
>        System.out.println("size=" + properties.keySet().size());
>
> The output is always "size=0".
>
> Is there a reason for this ?

Yes those 2 features are not related.

The properties placeholders is a Camel component

See the documentation
http://camel.apache.org/properties

Property placeholders is also discussed in the camel book chapter 6

The properties on CamelContext is currently kinda like for system
properties where you can set a few options to control some logging and
charset etc.