camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: messages stuck in queues
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 07:29:41 GMT
It looks like more than Camel issue. as there are more than on broker
involved.
Did you try to send this issue to ActiveMQ user list?

On 11/16/10 12:48 PM, Jason Chaffee wrote:
> Sure have.
>
> Here is what I found.
>
> One of m brokers (on another machine) was hitting it's store usage limit so it stopped
allow producers to send it messages.  The two other brokers then had their queues getting
backed up because they could not route from their queues to to this one.

> I fixed the usage limit configuration and it allow new messages to flow, but the old
ones were still stuck, even though I have retries configured to run for a few days.   I had
to actually restart all of them to get them to empty out.

> A very painful experience.  Not sure if this an ActiveMQ or a Camel issue because it
basically stopped routing the messages and we use Camel for that.

> Jason

from(direct:start) -->  MyProcessor     , Pattern:InOnly, Headers:{from=Claus}, BodyType:String,
Body:This is Copenhagen calling
> INFO  TraceInterceptor     - ID-davsclaus-local-54403-1246038742624-0-1>>>
MyProcessor -->  mock:a                 , Pattern:InOnly, Headers:{from=Claus}, BodyType:String,
Body:This is Copenhagen calling
> INFO  TraceInterceptor     - ID-davsclaus-local-54403-1246038742624-0-1>>>
mock:a -->  mock:b                      , Pattern:InOnly, Headers:{from=Claus}, BodyType:String,
Body:This is Copenhagen calling

> Taariq

and it says they are inflight, so the consumer hasn't picked them.  In my case, the consumer
is a POJO method in the same JVM.
> Also, it appears retries are not happening.  It just gets stuck.
>

> Before I attach my configuration, etc.  I am wondering if anyone has seen this or has
idea of what might be happening?

--
Willem