camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF Startup issue with Camel in OSGI runtime
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 02:36:12 GMT
On 11/3/10 4:45 AM, unmarshall wrote:

> Hi Willem,
>
> We are using 2 bundles  -
>
> 1. cxf-bundle
> 2. camel-cxf
>
> The problem is that both of these bundles export the same package
> META-INF.cxf which they should not as it results in a split package
> scenario. Internally i believe Camel is using CXF bus to load the camel
> specific beans for CXF from META-INF.cxf and so creates the same folder so
> that i becomes easier to re-use. The problem it creates is that now you have
> to export the same package from camel-cxf as well.
>
> I hope i have answered your question.

Yes, I got it.

After having some chats with Freeman of ServiceMix, I realized that
camel-cxf should not export the META-INF.cxf which makes the OSGi core
confused when you install the cxf-bundle and camel-cxf bundle at the
same time. If the camel-cxf bundle is installed before the cxf-bundle,
you application may resolved a wrong META-INF.cxf package.

I just create a JIRA[1] for it. You can apply the patch yourself to
camel 2.5.0 or wait for the release of Fuse MR 2.5.0.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-3303

--
Willem