camel-users mailing list archives

From mikaelfj <>
Subject Scheduled FTP polling -again
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:51:46 GMT

I know there are several posts on this subject - but I need to have the
following approach qualified.

We need to fetch files from FTP and want to control when and how often this
is done.

(I'm aware that there is some upcoming feature to provide a DSL for the FTP
component to control this, but we need to perform this functionality now)

So, given earlier posts it seems as if I need to
- use a quartz-URI to control when I want to poll
- use a pollEnrich to fetch files
- continue processing of fetched files.

However, the pollEnrich will only fetch one file from the FTP server, so in
order to get multiple files if needed I figure I could use a loop - e.g.

So the above will be triggered by quartz, and then X times
- fetch a file from ftp
- process it
- deliver it to a destination
... provided that X is the count of available files on the FTP server.
(well I could use the FTPClient to list the available files to calculate
this ...)

This would give me X files fetched from the FTP server at the scheduled
(ofcourse files arriving just after the count is calculated will not be

Would this be a reasonable approach?