camel-users mailing list archives

From unmarshall <unmarsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom component Vs Custom processor
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:24:24 GMT

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your comment. I agree with your argument however i can very
easily implement a custom processor and use it for multiple routes. A
component internally calls a processor in the form of Consumer/Producer
attached to an endpoint.

So again if i look at the XSLT component i feel that a custom processor
would have done that as well and could have been reused. So you already have
XsltBuilder (processor) which is directly used from inside the xslt
component. Apart from using that processor it does nothing much. So that
raises the question again in my head as to when to create a component and
when not to.

Best Regards,
Madhav