camel-users mailing list archives

From unmarshall <unmarsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF http-conduit AllowChunking does not work
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 16:33:19 GMT

Hi All,

I got this working. The problem is that CXF is not smart enough to determine
that there is a Transfer-Encoding = chunked being set by the server (in my
case it was tomcat). It defines a threshold value below which it will not
chunk the body and only if the the size is above the threshold it will chunk
it.

The problem is that when it decides not to chunk it does not chunk the
payload but the it does not remove the header. So when the request goes to
the server it sees that the chunked transfer-encoding has been set but the
CXF did not chunk the request. So the server throws an exception saying its
an invalid chunk header.

In Camel HTTP component this has been taken care by having a
HttpHeaderFilterStrategy and therefore this does not happen if camel http
endpoints are used instead of CXF.

This in my opinion is a BUG.

The workaround is that the threshold should be set to a very low value so it
chunks almost all requests.

Best Regards,
Madhav