camel-users mailing list archives

From "Russell, Brian" <BRuss...@medplus.com>
Subject RE: Quartz Camel Spring Example?
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 13:56:52 GMT
Thanks very much.  I guess the part that I'm not understanding in this
is how to get a List<Object> to return from a method where I can then
split it out based on a quart cron trigger.

Let me ask it this way -- is the quartz implementation in camel
literally just the timer part of the process?  So that, when it kicks
off, it pulls from your "from" endpoint to your "to" endpoint?

So I would have something like the following:

	<endpoint id="quartz_scheduler"
uri="quartz://quartTrigger?cron=0+0/1+*+*+*+?" />

	<route id="route1">
		<from ref="quartz_scheduler" />
            <to ref="beanReturningListObject">
		<split>
			<simple>body</simple>
			<to ref="map_objects" />
			<to ref="jms_queue" />
		</split>
	</route>

Is quartz_scheduler just a cron expression or does it actually map to a
bean?  Does quartzTrigger need to be defined as a bean also?  In my
quartz-only implementation, I actually create a custom trigger bean and
a custom job bean.  The job bean in that scenario would execute a
service layer to get the objects, iterate through them, move them to a
MapMessage, and drop them on the queue.

With this, I'm trying to have a quartz job return a List<Object and drop
each object onto the queue.

I'm just not quite following how this stream gets mapped together
through the spring configuration?

?

st/resources/org/apache/camel/component/quartz/SpringQuartzCronRouteTest
.xml?view=markup
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/camel/trunk/components/camel-quartz/src/te
st/resources/org/apache/camel/component/quartz/SpringQuartzCronRouteTest
.xml?view=markup

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/camel/trunk/components/camel-quartz/src/te
st/java/org/apache/camel/component/quartz/SpringQuartzCronRouteTest.java
?view=markup
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/camel/trunk/components/camel-quartz/src/te
st/java/org/apache/camel/component/quartz/SpringQuartzCronRouteTest.java
?view=markup

Cheers,

Ashwin...

-----
Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
FUSESource (a Progress Software Corporation subsidiary)
http://fusesource.com http://fusesource.com

Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com
http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com