camel-users mailing list archives

From Eric Jennings <er...@loopshot.com>
Subject Re: Abstracting Routes using Components
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 01:44:01 GMT
Hi there!

Been following this thread very closely!

For what it's worth, I'm faced with a similar issue as Kristof for my current Camel-based
project.  We're essentially wanting to support user-specific, user-defined routes, so that
when a user presents themselves (whether through Shiro as a token, via a JMS header, or whatever),
we would have a bean that instantiates that user's route for the In/Out channel pair specific
to that client.

It seems to work in a simple manner, but now I need to determine the best way to represent/serialize/store
the user-based routes.  Toss-up between something dynamic like Groovy or something more compiled-then-loaded
like OSGi.  I don't want to hijack this thread, but I may be pinging you all for some insight
soon regarding that issue.

Anyhow, since I had just been building this proxy route-instantiator the last couple of days
when this thread popped up, count this as an additional vote for getting something like this
going.

Thanks-
Eric Jennings