camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Quartz Camel Spring Example?
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 15:11:36 GMT
On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Russell, Brian <BRussell@medplus.com> wrote:
> Thanks very much.  I guess the part that I'm not understanding in this
> is how to get a List<Object> to return from a method where I can then
> split it out based on a quart cron trigger.
>
> Let me ask it this way -- is the quartz implementation in camel
> literally just the timer part of the process?  So that, when it kicks
> off, it pulls from your "from" endpoint to your "to" endpoint?

Yes quartz is just the scheduler. You can just use a bean/processor to
get the List<Object>.

from(qartz)
to(beanThatGetTheList)

> So I would have something like the following:
>
>        <endpoint id="quartz_scheduler"
> uri="quartz://quartTrigger?cron=0+0/1+*+*+*+?" />
>
>        <route id="route1">
>                <from ref="quartz_scheduler" />
>            <to ref="beanReturningListObject">
>                <split>
>                        <simple>body</simple>
>                        <to ref="map_objects" />
>                        <to ref="jms_queue" />
>                </split>
>        </route>
>
> Is quartz_scheduler just a cron expression or does it actually map to a
> bean?  Does quartzTrigger need to be defined as a bean also?  In my
> quartz-only implementation, I actually create a custom trigger bean and
> a custom job bean.  The job bean in that scenario would execute a
> service layer to get the objects, iterate through them, move them to a
> MapMessage, and drop them on the queue.
>
> With this, I'm trying to have a quartz job return a List<Object and drop
> each object onto the queue.
>
> I'm just not quite following how this stream gets mapped together
> through the spring configuration?
>
> ?

confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named
above. If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of the information contained in this transmission is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us by telephone (513) 229-5500
or by email (postmaster@MedPlus.com). After replying, please erase it from your computer system.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer