camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Müller <christian.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should we (could we?) make Exchanges serializable?
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 20:18:52 GMT
I'm the camel user Ade is working with. :o)
If I understood correct, we should code something like this on the sender
side (we use Camel 2.2):

Serializable holder = DefaultExchangeHolder.marshal(exchange);
exchange.getIn().setBody(holder);

and on the receiver side:

holder = exchange.getIn().getBody(DefaultExchangeHolder.class);
DefaultExchangeHolder.unmarshal(exchange, holder);

I'm right?

@Hadrian: Make the Exchange serializable is a problem because the exchange
has references to the hole Camel context and many other objects (which are
not serializable) or is there another reason?

Thanks,
Christian