camel-users mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Abstracting Routes using Components
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 08:33:06 GMT
On 26 October 2010 19:21, Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbarcea@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are a few issues we need to sort out. One is that with something like this:
>> from("blackboxroute1://out")...
> You'd have to deal with naming. If everybody will define her "blackboxroute1" you'll
have to deal with name clashes.

Sure - but thats what Spring / Guice / JNDI already do. The scheme
names in Camel come from your IoC container which already deal nicely
with name clashes.

> You can do something like "route:blackboxroute1://out".

How does an extra level of indirection help solve naming clashes?

> Then the lightweight part I would like not to get lost in this discussion, as in no interceptors,
no dlc.

Don't follow. We're talking Camel all the way down here; so nothing
gets lost. We're just talking about wrapping Camel routes inside a
component for 'data hiding' and easier composition.

> You can then have processing pipelines (as in subroutes, not camel pipelines, I hope
not creating confusion) that can be developed by independent groups and reused.
> Of course something like that can only be done today with direct: and seda: based routes,
but we can simplify that.

> @James, I'll be in London for a couple of days. If you wanna chat about this over beer
on Thu evening (your treat :) ), please let me know.

Thanks; though I'm out in the sticks these days (125 miles away) and
unfortunately its my turn to babysit. Maybe next time!

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration