camel-users mailing list archives

From huntc <hu...@mac.com>
Subject Enabling tracing in production
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2010 00:43:39 GMT

Hi there,

I'm having difficulty understanding how the tracing facility can be applied
at runtime in production; perhaps it cannot be.

If I declare the following in my Spring context:

<bean id="camelTracer" class="org.apache.camel.processor.interceptor.Tracer"
/>

...and nothing else at all, then tracing is enabled.

So how do I then turn off tracing for production mode without having to
modify my context?

If I declare 'trace="false"' on my context declaration then it does not
appear to be overridden by the -trace option on the command line... Thus I
cannot by default declare tracing as off and then enable it at runtime by
changing my startup.

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards,
Christopher