camel-users mailing list archives

From ndjensen <ndjen...@gmail.com>
Subject camel 2.4 with spring 2.5.6 TaskExecutor issue
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:14:57 GMT

Hi, we're upgrading from camel 2.2 to 2.4 but are staying with Spring 2.5.6
for the time being.  At startup of our application we receive the following
error:

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer.setTaskExecutor(Ljava/util/concurrent/Executor;)V
        at
org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsConfiguration.configureMessageListenerContainer(JmsConfiguration.java:1072)
        at
org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsConfiguration.createMessageListenerContainer(JmsConfiguration.java:512)
        at
org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsEndpoint.createConsumer(JmsEndpoint.java:137)
        at
org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsEndpoint.createConsumer(JmsEndpoint.java:56)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.EventDrivenConsumerRoute.addServices(EventDrivenConsumerRoute.java:60)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultRoute.onStartingServices(DefaultRoute.java:75)
        at org.apache.camel.impl.RouteService.doStart(RouteService.java:132)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:56)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doWarmUpRoutes(DefaultCamelContext.java:1328)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.safelyStartRouteServices(DefaultCamelContext.java:1256)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.start(DefaultCamelContext.java:952)
        at
org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext.maybeStart(SpringCamelContext.java:203)
        at
org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext.onApplicationEvent(SpringCamelContext.java:101)
        at
org.apache.camel.spring.CamelContextFactoryBean.onApplicationEvent(CamelContextFactoryBean.java:231)
        at
org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster$1.run(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:78)
        at
org.springframework.core.task.SyncTaskExecutor.execute(SyncTaskExecutor.java:49)
        at
org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.multicastEvent(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:76)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.publishEvent(AbstractApplicationContext.java:274)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishRefresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:736)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:383)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:93)

We believe we've traced it to a change in Spring 3 where Spring's
DefaultMessageListenerContainer.setTaskExecutor() parameter changed from
org.springframework.core.task.TaskExecutor to java.util.concurrent.Executor.
The solution appears to be to recompile the camel jars against Spring 2.5.6.
Do you provide the 2.4 release compiled against Spring 2.5.6?  If not, is
there anything specific we need to change with the build process to build
against Spring 2.5.6?