camel-users mailing list archives

From "Olivier.Roger" <olivier.ro...@bsb.com>
Subject [ThreadPool] Howto ?
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:33:46 GMT

Hello Camel,

I am trying to use a Thread Pool inside my route to call an external process
(with camel-exec).
to avoid overloading the server with request I wanted to created a fixed
size thread pool to handle those calls.

I expected multiple messages (up to 25 (maxpoolsize)) to be handled
simultaneously.
But I must have misunderstood something because It appears only 1 requested
is handled at the time

Here is my thread pool definition

		<threadPool id="myPool" threadName="test"
					poolSize="15" maxPoolSize="25" maxQueueSize="250"/>

I use it in three different locations in the route like this

	<threads executorServiceRef="myPool">
		<to	uri="exec:Batch1.bat" /> <!-- same for 2 and 3 -->
	</threads>