camel-users mailing list archives

From <Steve.Hed...@barclayscapital.com>
Subject RE: Problem with XPATH filtering
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 16:11:32 GMT
Claus

Thanks very much

Steven Hedges
-----Original Message-----
From: Claus Ibsen [mailto:claus.ibsen@gmail.com]
Sent: 24 September 2010 16:40
To: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem with XPATH filtering

Hi

You are using namespaces in your XML and therefore the XPath expression must use namespace
as well.

See this unit test for example

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 11:14 AM,  <Steve.Hedges@barclayscapital.com> wrote:
> Willem
>
> Attached are sample XMLs, config and java code which replicates the problem.  Unfortunately
I don't know how to read from a file (I'm very new to this) and so it still depends on JMS.

> I am using Camel version 2.5-SNAPSHOT.
>
> Thanks for your help
>

> Steven Hedges

xpath filtering - which always returns false even if the xpath matches the inbound document.

>> So I have the following route definition:
>>
>> public void configure() throws Exception {
>>
>> from("jms:queue:TEST.QUEUE.SRH")
>>       .process(new Logger())
>>       .filter()
>>               .xpath("//party[@id='compression' or @id='TriOptima']")
>>                       .process(new Logger("after filter"))
>>       .choice()
>>               .when().xpath("//termination")
>>                       .process(new Logger("TERMINATION"))
>>                       .to("file:FOO")
>>               .when().xpath("/STPTradeML/FpML/trade")
>>                       .process(new Logger("NEW TRADE "))
>>                       .to("file:BAR")
>>               .otherwise()
>>                       .process(new Logger("otherwise "))
>>                       .to("file:LOGGER")
>>       .to("file:c://output.log");
>> }
>>
>> Then I send in a message which matches the first xpath (tested in XML Spy).  Tracking
through the code shows that this results in an answer of false.

>> Are there any current known issues with xpath filtering?  Do I need to use namespaces,
for example?

>> Any help or pointers you can provide would be welcome
>>
>> Steve Hedges

>> This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged
>> or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended
>> recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any
>> means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender
>> that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated,
>> this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy
>> or sell any securities, investment products or other financial
>> product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or
>> an official statement of Barclays. Any views or opinions presented
>> are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
>> of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the
>> following
>> link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Barclays you
>> consent to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking
>> division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England
>> (number
>> 1026167) with its registered off
> ice at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from
other members of the Barclays Group.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer