camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel route and transaction
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 04:30:51 GMT
On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Hossein <mamerkashi@csc.com> wrote:

> Hello, I have a camel route client that is defined as follows
>
>        <route>
>            <from uri="file:/path/to/request/folder?delete=true" />
>            <to uri="bean:requestHandler"/>
>            <to uri="cxf:bean:myService"/>
>            <to uri="bean:responseHandler"/>
>            <to uri="file:/path/to/response/folder" />
>        </route>
>
> Does the above route be enforces a transaction on the entire route? If I
> place a request message in the request/folder and for some reason,
> myService, does not return a response to the above client, camel places a
> lock over the file and keeps sending resending the message over and over
> again, even though I have specified that file has to deleted.

Yes Camel will only delete the file if the message could be
successfully processed.

If you want to delegate the file regardless what happens then you can
use Camel error handling to catch and ignore exceptions.
You can also consider the moveFailed option on the file endpoint which
can move the file to some folder if it failed.