camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: FTP creating connections for every file name in the uri
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:23:48 GMT
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Marco Crivellaro
<> wrote:
> When the route is used to deliver several files (fileName option) via FTP a
> new connection to the given FTP server is created for each file and left
> opened unless we set the disconnect option to true.
> In my honest opinion this is leading to a lot of time being spent to connect
> and disconnect each time whilst the FTP connection can be left opened and
> simply deploy the new file.

The ftp client is pooled and Camel grab it from a pool which has a
size of 10 per endpoint AFAIR.
It will reuse the ftp client from the pool if the endpoint uri match.
So use the same endpoint uri and Camel re-uses the pooled ftp client
if its free.