camel-users mailing list archives

From David Yang <>
Subject Managing configuration in components, routes, projects
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 20:41:38 GMT

I'm curious how others are solving the problem of managing configuration across various routes,
components etc inside a Camel Context.

We've written some Components that themselves need to have connections to various DB's etc.
 If we want to have a development and production properties for each one of those (so that
they can be individually run/tested) but then use those Components in separate Route projects
and a master CamelContext, what would you recommend.  They have other dependencies as well
(directory locations, file resources, application binaries).

Basically, if this is my world, where should I keep all the configuration properties?

Master Context
	- Route 1
		- Comp A
		- Comp B
	- Route 2
		- Comp A' (A with diff configuration)
		- Comp C

I've thought about using JNDI, Jconfig or having some huge overwritable map Singleton.  Any
thoughts/ideas?  Would really like hearing how others are solving this.

View raw message