camel-users mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using the SOAP DataFormat with JMS queues
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 23:51:57 GMT
I reworded it--see if you find it acceptable.  We may need to compromise
with you giving your interpretation in German and me giving mine in
English.  :)

As for "you could also say that sending a message that contains soap
content is a one way soap call even if no one listens for it", no, I
wouldn't say you could say that.  Placing an XML message on a queue is
not a SOAP call, it has to be listened to by a web service provider for
that to be a SOAP call.  Further: "As the call is asnychronous the
caller will not know if anyone listens to the call anyway", true, but I
don't think that's the point, one-way SOAP calls are still intended to
be processed.

When I first read the SOAP DataFormat, I thought it made actual SOAP
calls, perhaps just using the JAX-WS RI instead of CXF.  Then I realized
it just creates SOAP messages, it's really an enhanced version of the
JAXB DataFormat.  To limit confusion, I think it would be good to
disabuse the reader early on of the notion that it is making SOAP calls.

Glen