camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF consumer: fault handling
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 11:30:39 GMT
On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Willem Jiang <willem.jiang@gmail.com> wrote:
> S. Ali Tokmen wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> On 05/08/2010 11:23, Claus Ibsen wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes if a Camel Message has been marked as a fault then the routing engine
>>> will not continue routing it.
>>
>> Thank you for this information.
>>
>> On the other hand, I see that if the File component has a failure (I/O
>> error, for instance), it will throw an exception and not return a Fault.
>>
>> Similarly, the external Bean I'm calling tends to generate exceptions and
>> not return Fault objects.
>>
>> Is there any possibility the support I had mentioned beforehand to be
>> added to CAMEL-CXF's fault generation?
>
> If you just throw an normal exception, you may need to set the Fault detail
> yourself.
> As CxfConsumer doesn't know how to deal with it.
>

>> If not, I can of course keep my processor, which works well when defined
>> in an onException(...) clause.
>
> Yes, with the onException you write your customer code to build the
> SOAPFault yourself.

Just out of ignorance of looking into CXF. But I would assume there
would be some Exception -> Fault mapping you can leverage.
Its frankly very common to use exceptions in Java. And if you have a
wsdl contract with X faults then you may want to map various thrown
exceptions to appropriate faults.

Just wondering if such feature exists.

--
Claus Ibsen