camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: camel 2.5 recipientList aggregationStrategy timeout
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2010 09:07:13 GMT
On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Marco Crivellaro
<> wrote:
> I've tried current snapshot; the timeout is working as expected, although the
> task doesn't get cancelled.
> I receive messages from running thread (connection timeout to an FTP) after
> the timeout is raised (many seconds afterwards).
> you can try this behaviour by seding and FTP exchange to an IP which does
> not exist in your network and setting the timeout to a low value.
> --

I have committed an improvement to camel-ftp to detect the
interruption better. However the FTP library may still not honor the
interruption asap.
So if you have a high connection timeout (default is 10sec) then the
cancellation most likely wont trigger until after the connection
timeout from the FTP library.

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Author of Camel in Action: