camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: SMPP messages persistent delivering.
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 15:13:41 GMT
On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Pavel Suhotyuk <> wrote:
> Hello.
> I try configure ActiveMQ to sending and receiving SMS via camel-smpp plugin.
> <route>
>  <from uri="activemq:SendSMSQueue"/>
> uri="smpp://user@localhost:9999?password=password&enquireLinkTimer=3000&transactionTimer=5000&systemType=producer"/>
> </route>
> I using the simulator provided by Logica as SMSC for testing.
> Messages is delivering successfully when SMSC is running, but when SMSC is
> down (for example, network is down) messages is dequeued automatically.
> What must I do to delivering messages persistent?

I assume the smpp component throws some sort of exception? If so you
can have the JMS rollback the transaction and retry a bit later.
For that you need to use transaction on the JMS broker. And you can
configure redelivery policies to say how many times and how often to
retry etc.

Camel in Action book, chapter 9 covers all about using transactions
with JMS. In case you fell the current wiki documentations isn't
explaining it well enough.