camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: content based routing based on header value
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:56:55 GMT
On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Mark Webb <elihusmails@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am setting up a route in XML and want to send messages to a
> destination based on a field in the header.  I have the following:
>
> <log message="Analyzed [${body}] with destination --> ${header.dest}"/>
>                <choice>
>                        <when>
>                                <header>'${header.dest}' = 'stuff'</header>
>                                <to uri="jms:somewhere" />
>                        </when>
>                </choice>
>
> As I test this the log gives me the correct information for
> ${header.dest} and that being "stuff", but I do not know how to test
> the value in order to send the message to the proper location.  What
> is the proper syntax here?  I looked through the Camel in Action book
> and the camel website and cannot find anything.

The <header> will only grab a header. It's not a scripting language to
evaluate expressions/predicates etc.

For that you can use any of the more powerful languages
http://camel.apache.org/languages.html

For example you can use the built in simple language
http://camel.apache.org/simple.html

Which is being explained in the appendix A of the Camel book (avail in
next MEAP update).

<simple>${header.dest} == 'stuff'</simple>

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/