camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <>
Subject Re: Add header for each message
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 02:38:07 GMT
senthil.arumugam wrote:
> Hi Willem,
> I thank you for your reply. That was a way we were thinking, using which we
> can differentiate various messages and route them as needed.
> Now we have achieved it by wrapping the actual message with another object
> of type Message which use generics to return the entity and holds a value
> type to differentiate the operation to be done on the entity.
Can you show me an example(or just a little test case) that you wrap the
message with another generic Message? It could be interesting if the
user still wants to use proxy to send out message.

> But anyway, I would like to hear from you that how can I make use of Enum
> for type variable in the Wrapper class I use. When I try to use Enum, it
> threw me an exception with message saying cannot convert String to Enum.

Which version of Camel are you using?
We just fix a BeanConveter issue[1] last week. Can you try to use latest
Camel 2.5-SNAPSHOT to verify it ?
If it doesn't work , please feel free to create a JIRA with your test
case to show the error.

> Thank you,
> - SK

View raw message